Note Taker - Part-Time
NOTE TAKER (PART-TIME)
Truman College is seeking applications for a Note Taker position in the Disability Access Center. The Disability Access Center (DAC) provides coordination and supportive services for students with documented disabilities. DAC serves as CCC's point of contact for students with disabilities, and provides a wide range of services and assistance to ensure students with disabilities are able to achieve the maximum potential.
- Take notes in class for students with disabilities. Read printed material aloud for students with visual impairments.
- Transcribe for students with mobility impairments.
- Assist students with visual impairments in math classes by copying information from the board in large print.
- Assist students who are visually impaired by using raised line drawing materials to produce tactile graphs used in Math classes.
- Assist students with visual impairments in science labs by providing verbal descriptions of visual information.
- Serve as a proctor for students with disabilities during tests.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with a minimum of one year post secondary educational experience.
- Must possess an understanding of the basic issues pertinent to communication with students who have disabilities.
- Ability to take thorough and organized notes utilizing available technology from information presented verbally in classrooms.
- Must have legible hand writing, accurate spelling, use of acceptable grammar, and proficiency in use of computers.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!