College Clerical Assistant II - Athletics - Part Time
COLLEGE CLERICAL ASSISTANT II - ATHLETICS - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a College Clerical Assistant II - Athletics - Part Time. Under supervision, this role performs a variety of routine clerical duties in a college administrative or departmental office; and performs related duties as required.
Malcolm X College fields teams in four sports - men's basketball, women’s basketball, men's soccer, and women’s volleyball.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Operates computer equipment utilizing word processing software to produce a variety of materials including exams, student handouts, faculty lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and general correspondence; maintains general office and college program files.
- Assists in reviewing time sheets and prepares attendance reports for payroll processing. Answers telephones, takes messages and transfers calls to appropriate personnel. Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for supplies and equipment, reviews invoices and purchase orders to ensure correctness of charges and to verify delivery of ordered items.
- Provides information to student inquiries regarding registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and policies.
- Maintains and updates student academic records, financial aid reports, registration forms and transcripts. Maintains and updates college course data and inputs student registration information.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent or higher, supplemented by one year of clerical and keyboarding experience in an office setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in PC desktop and related software programs. Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to keyboard 45 words per minute. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Skill in basic filing, record keeping and operation of a variety of office machines.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected as aPromising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!