Assistant Director of Development - Northeast Region
The Assistant Director of Development reports to the Assistant Vice President for Development. This position is responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and prospects from specific regional territories outside the state of Texas for major and annual gifts in support of Baylor University. This role will support the Northeast Region of the United States. The ideal candidate will live in New York, Boston, or Washington D.C., but other strategic markets could be considered for residence based on the needs for the position.
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree, a minimum of up to one year of experience, a Christian faith, and possess the following skills and abilities:
- Understanding of the mission and character of the University
- Proven ability to manage time well
- Maturity & personal integrity
- Professional dress, appearance, and demeanor
- Able and willing to work evenings and weekends as needed
- The availability to accommodate extensive travel
- Must have current driver’s license and good driving record
- Previous experience in higher-ed fundraising is preferred
A Bachelor’s degree and less than one year of relevant work experience is required. A Master’s degree and three years of relevant work experience are preferred.
To apply please click here.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.