Adjunct Emergency Medical Technician Instructor
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications an adjunct Emergency Medical Technician Instructor. This position is for an evening instructor at our Huntoon campus.
- Two years of experience as an EMT, AEMT, Paramedic or military experience equivalent to two years of experience as an EMT.
- Post-secondary degree.
- EMT Certification.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
Adjunct Technical Instructors are expected to be positive role models for students.
- This position is responsible for working with the EMT Instructor/Coordinator (I/C) to assure compliance with the Kansas Board of EMS regulations and Kansas Statutes related to EMT training and certification.
- Develop a curriculum according to course competencies on each course syllabus.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Develop assignments for the classroom and the lab.
- Enforce policies for safety and use of personal protective equipment for all individuals in the lab environment.
- Maintain student records about the program (i.e. Certification testing and the assessment plan).
- Evaluate students’ work, administer tests, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Share (as appropriate) student information with student services and the dean’s office.
- Use the university’s learning management system to track grades as required.
- Adhere to college and University policies and perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Availability or class schedule:
- Classes are conducted Monday – Thursday: 6pm – 10pm.
Please email your cover letter, CV/Resume to Pam Masters, firstname.lastname@example.org . The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University's commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka