Social Worker / AOD Coordinator
CU Boulder's Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) seeks applications for a Social Worker/AOD Coordinator to coordinate the provision of AOD clinical services. These services include patient care, coordinating a specialty track for the training program, providing ongoing training and peer supervision to all CAPS staff, and working with campus and community partners to provide collaborative AOD care to the CU student population. CAPS requires all staff to integrate considerations and issues of Diversity and Social Justice in all assessment, treatment, referral, and training services provided.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CAPS has a long history of providing emotional wellness and mental health services and support to the CU Boulder campus. We also offer outstanding training to the next generation of mental health providers. CAPS is a multicultural, multidisciplinary, and multi-theoretical staff. We are committed to affirming diversity and seek to provide a safe and welcoming environment for everyone we serve. CAPS is a part of the Division of Student Affairs and has an APA-accredited psychology internship program. CAPS is also fully accredited by IACS.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide individual and group therapy, initial triage/screenings, mental health management, workshops and crisis care for ongoing individual clients. This clinician is the primary referral for clients with AOD issues.
Leadership and Training:
- Provide clinical consultation/supervision and training to CAPS clinical staff regarding AOD issues.
- Coordinate the AOD specialty track for doctoral, post-doctoral and post-masters trainees including the coordination of AOD related clinical services for trainees, clinical supervision, and training. Provide individual, clinical supervision to one Post Master’s MSW trainee.
- Provide consultation, outreach presentations and guidance to campus partners regarding AOD topics.
What We Can Offer
- Starting salary is dependent on licensure and experience. The salary range is $71,379 - $87,010.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Balanced. Be Respectful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Master’s degree in clinical social work from an accredited program.
- Licensed as an independent social worker for at least 10 years.
- Licensed as an LCSW in the state of Colorado by the date of hire.
- Experience with a range of clinical issues, ranging from developmental issues to more serious psychopathology.
- 2 years of experience providing AOD assessment and treatment services.
- Licensed in Colorado as an LAC or CAC.
- Eligible for clinical privileges as determined by the WHS Credentialing and Privileging Department.
What You Will Need
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of Federal and State standards regarding mental health.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 2 years of experience providing mental health services in a college or university student population.
- Experience providing clinical supervision to trainees and senior-level clinicians.
- Experience providing supervision to unlicensed trainees.
- Experience providing consultation to senior-level clinical staff as an AOD specialist.
- Experience with electronic medical record-keeping and documentation.
- Experience and interest in working with university students from multicultural backgrounds and marginalized populations.
- Experience providing brief therapy.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 29, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder