Senior UI/UX Developer
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) invites applicants for the Senior UI/UX Developer position! This position is responsible for designing accessible and integrated websites, web applications, and mobile applications for faculty, students, and staff. The ideal candidate will have a creative spirit, a passion for user-centered design, technical expertise, proven credentials, a love for teamwork, and a desire to create an impact.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will be valued by campus as a strategic, inclusive and innovative partner in advancing learning and discovery in order to enable CU Boulder to be a premier public university.
OIT enables campus priorities by providing high-value IT services and solutions.
- Trust, as a foundation for how we engage with one another and with campus partners, along with
- Avid curiosity in how to better support the campus and our stakeholders while
- Fostering empowerment and authentic engagement amongst ourselves and
- Celebrating inclusivity that promotes a sense of belonging while acknowledging that each person is unique and valued.
OIT will advance learning and discovery by delivering high-value reliable IT services and solutions that:
- Provide a fluid and adaptable academic and student experience
- Enable research competitiveness and
- Deliver core infrastructure and enterprise IT services for business effectiveness.
Based on our departmental goals and our commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence, OIT particularly welcomes applications from candidates whose knowledge, skills, and abilities, and desire to contribute to an inclusive campus environment, will help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Design UX/UI and Prototype:
- Gather and analyze UX data to create personas, scenarios, maps, user journeys and other deliverables needed for great customer experiences. Identify and develop the appropriate levels of design, including low-fidelity sketches, wireframes, and prototypes in HTML and CSS. Lead collaborative design sessions for idea generation, including sketching & critiques, lightning demos, user testing and evaluations. Build real, interactive representations for a subset of your ideas.
- Socialize prototypes to all levels in the organization (senior management to student interns) for feedback.
- Discover the voice of the customer (obtained via user data, a/b tests, interviews, surveys) throughout the project cycle; continually test, measure, and improve. Collaborate with teams of other designers, researchers, engineers, subject matter experts, and product managers throughout the design process. Produce quality design that accurately reflects a visual design language and brand guidelines.
- Organize a style guide with templates and approved interface components such as interactive, visual, and copy elements. Use interactions with students and faculty to gain a better understanding of the audience, topics they care about, interests and emotions to inform a UX strategy relevant to the users.
- Design for accessibility: ensure web pages and mobile apps are usable by people of all abilities and disabilities.
- Work with the QA team for defect resolution.
- Participate in design reviews to maintain consistency across multiple applications and guarantee adherence to requirements and standards.
- Acquire knowledge on UI/UX development software frameworks, processes and best practices from online courses, attending technical interest group meetings, seminars and classes, learning new technologies and participating in discussions with colleagues and peers.
- In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, this position may assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed by the Associate Director of Portals and User Experiences.
What You Should Know
The ideal candidate may work remotely, traveling to Boulder once or twice a week for meetings and to work in person with colleagues.
What We Can Offer
- Annual salary range for this position is $90,000 to $100,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Creative. Be Brilliant. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience as detailed below may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 5 years of experience as a UX designer, web designer, or similar UX- specific role on a complex web application including:
- Experience working with UX deliverables, including personas, scenarios, maps, user flows, and sketches.
- Experience with user research and user testing.
What You Will Need
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in web UI/UX technologies and design.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Extremely familiar with W3C Standards and best practices.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite and willing to learn new applications when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in identifying and troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Hands-on, user-centric design approach to problem-solving.
- Experience implementing designs in a production environment, turning vision into a reality.
- Knowledge of modern web development platforms such as Angular Material or React.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 26, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu