Member Services/Facility Coordinator (13534)
This position will assist with the supervision of the three Recreational Sports and Fitness facilities and coordinate and oversee front desk operations within these facilities. The Coordinator will hire, train and supervise the part time member services staff. This position is responsible for all front desk operations including but not limited to, check in software, equipment rental, pro-shop. This position will assist with all money handling.
- Act as Manager on Duty. These duties include, but not limited to, supervision of the member services staff, fitness floor staff, lifeguards, and group exercise instructors; complete financial transactions for memberships and services; and serves as the overall point of contact for the facility.
- Direct the planning, coordination, and assessment of a comprehensive front line services program. This includes, but not limited to, inventory control, access control, and equipment rental.
- Hires, trains, schedules, supervises, and evaluates part time member services staff. Provide training and staff meetings for all staff.
- Track and evaluate goods and services to assist with program planning and ensure member satisfaction.
- Reach out across the AU campus to partner with, volunteer, and encourage participation with other units and office.
- The coordinator reports directly to the Assistant Director for Member Services and Promotions. The incumbent will provide direction to part-time member services staff.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Specialist B
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Recreation Administration, Sports Management or related field or the equivalent in education, training, and/or experience
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- American Red Cross CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Recreation Administration, Sports Management, Higher Education, or related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.