This position will be open until filled.
This position reports to the president and is
responsible for administering the shared governance policy
development process and maintaining the Shared Governance Center.
Work involves serving as secretary to the Shared Governance
Committee, collaborating with constituency leaders, providing
training on writing sound policies, managing digital records, and
communicating decisions about the administration of shared
governance policies to the College community.
Associate's Degree and 3 years experience or, a combination of
experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the
essential duties of the job.
-Excellent writing and analytical skills
-Policy development (and, knowledge of higher education, if
Job Specific Task List:
- Administers the shared governance development policy process
through adherence to current policy and procedure; understands and
applies the principles of shared governance as defined by College
policy. - (Essential)
- Oversees a process whereby draft shared governance policies are
reviewed by the Shared Governance Committee, constituency groups,
the president's Cabinet, and the Board of Trustees, as appropriate;
serves as secretary to the Shared Governance Committee by drafting
agenda, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and performing similar
support functions. - (Essential)
- Provides training to College policy owners and their designees
on differences between policy and procedure, the development of
well-written and clear policies, and the College review process of
draft shared governance policies; establishes a standard template
for use in policy development and ensures consistency in drafting
and approving layout and content of policy documents. -
- Employs exceptional organizational skills in managing digital
documents; reviews and implements, as necessary, an automated,
online system for reviewing and accepting feedback on draft shared
governance policies from constituencies; researches and implements
new technologies to most efficiently manage the policy development
review process; establishes a cataloging system for organizing
shared governance policies; establishes a cycle and process for the
ongoing, routine review of shared governance policies. -
- Maintains the Shared Governance Center in cooperation with the
Office of Information Services and Technologies, to include
establishing guidelines for the Center's use, auditing documents to
ensure consistency with guidelines and providing training to Center
users; maintains a historical record of changes to shared
governance policies and conducts research on past revisions or
eliminations of shared governance policies. - (Essential)
- Communicates routinely with stakeholders within the College to
ensure that their needs regarding the documentation of shared
governance activities and decisions are met. - (Essential)
- Leads or assists in special projects. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week:
Up to 28 hours/week
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Nov 15, 2021 Eastern Standard Time