Coordinator, Shared Governance (PT)
Job Summary: This position reports to the president and is responsible for administering the shared governance policy development process and maintaining the Shared Governance Center. Work involves serving as secretary to the Shared Governance Committee, collaborating with constituency leaders, providing training on writing sound policies, managing digital records, and communicating decisions about the administration of shared governance policies to the College community.
Associate's Degree and 3 years experience or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: n/a
Hiring Range: $18.77-$23.47
-Excellent writing and analytical skills
-Policy development (and, knowledge of higher education, if possible)
Job Specific Task List:
- Administers the shared governance development policy process through adherence to current policy and procedure; understands and applies the principles of shared governance as defined by College policy. - (Essential)
- Oversees a process whereby draft shared governance policies are reviewed by the Shared Governance Committee, constituency groups, the president's Cabinet, and the Board of Trustees, as appropriate; serves as secretary to the Shared Governance Committee by drafting agenda, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and performing similar support functions. - (Essential)
- Provides training to College policy owners and their designees on differences between policy and procedure, the development of well-written and clear policies, and the College review process of draft shared governance policies; establishes a standard template for use in policy development and ensures consistency in drafting and approving layout and content of policy documents. - (Essential)
- Employs exceptional organizational skills in managing digital documents; reviews and implements, as necessary, an automated, online system for reviewing and accepting feedback on draft shared governance policies from constituencies; researches and implements new technologies to most efficiently manage the policy development review process; establishes a cataloging system for organizing shared governance policies; establishes a cycle and process for the ongoing, routine review of shared governance policies. - (Essential)
- Maintains the Shared Governance Center in cooperation with the Office of Information Services and Technologies, to include establishing guidelines for the Center's use, auditing documents to ensure consistency with guidelines and providing training to Center users; maintains a historical record of changes to shared governance policies and conducts research on past revisions or eliminations of shared governance policies. - (Essential)
- Communicates routinely with stakeholders within the College to ensure that their needs regarding the documentation of shared governance activities and decisions are met. - (Essential)
- Leads or assists in special projects. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: Up to 28 hours/week
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jul 10, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 25, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Political Science & International Relations Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg