Job Summary: Position is responsible for maintaining and developing the Wellness, Athletics, Recreation and Engagement's website and all social media accounts. In addition, the incumbent will compile, maintain and provide statistical information, photography and video to Region 19 and the NJCAA sites. This individual will oversee game day setup/tear down, logistics, scheduling of game day staff, and hiring and training of game day staff.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience in Journalism, Communications, Sports Administration or related field OR a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
American Red Cross CPR, AED, Blood Borne Pathogen certifications.
Licensing Requirements: American Red Cross CPR, AED, Blood Borne Pathogen certifications.
Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $41,365 - $51,706
- Experience with game event management for multiple sports
- Experience in managing a website
Job Specific Task List:
1. Maintain and update area's website with current articles and photographs, responsible for website redesign when necessary. - (Essential)
2. Ensure that Wellness, Athletics, Recreation and Engagement activities are represented well on college social media outlets, including developing promotional materials for these outlets. - (Essential)
3. Department liaison to Integrated Marketing, providing them with press releases, promotional materials, and scheduling College photographer. - (Essential)
4. Collect statistical information and submission into Conference, Region and National databases; keep an accurate record of athletic contest scores and stats in a college database. - (Essential)
5. Oversight of assigned game day setup, game day staff scheduling, operation manuals, and logistics, including coordinating needs of officials, home teams and visiting teams. - (Essential)
6. Recruit, hire and supervise game day staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring student staff are trained; ensuring that student employees follow policies and procedures; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations. - (Essential)
7. Manage uniform and equipment inventory and maintenance for athletic teams. - (Essential)
8. Serves as alternate core manager for W.A.R.E. during evening hours. - (Essential)
9. Identify necessary facility repairs, incidents and accidents and reports daily to Director or appropriate staff. - (Essential)
10. In the event of an accident or incident occurring in Evans, the Coordinator assesses and evaluates the situation, and follows emergency protocols to assist students and community members. - (Essential)
11. Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jul 10, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 25, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg