Assistant Professor - Agricultural Production Systems - Animal Science Nebraska College of Technical
The Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) in Curtis, NE, is seeking candidates for a 9-month, 100% Assistant Professor teaching position in the Agricultural Production Systems – Animal Science department. Opportunities exist for additional summer funding through summer course instruction. The assistant professor will develop and teach Animal Science courses within the Agricultural Production Systems (APS) major, including the development and updating of course outlines, lesson plans, presentations, and course materials for both lecture and laboratory formats. Other duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and teach Animal Science courses within the Agricultural Production Systems major, including the development and updating of course outlines, lesson plans, presentations, and course materials for both lecture and laboratory formats.
- Implementing a series of educational experiences, which result in graduates who are successful entrepreneurs or employees in profitable, commercial livestock enterprises.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Meat Science option and Feedlot Management option within the APS major.
- Develop and coach a competitive student team.
- Assist with academic advising, recruiting, internship experiences, committee assignments, student organizations, and other departmental and college activities with a student-focused approach.
- Teaching activities will generally focus on facilitating student engagement within animal science courses taught and incorporating such on the college farm and feedlot, in college livestock facilities, meat science lab, and at local agricultural businesses.
- Developing and teaching interactive distance education courses may also be required.
- A Master’s degree in animal science or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Proficiency with computer technology applications in the teaching environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Doctorate in a related agricultural discipline.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Previous college teaching experience.
- Successful experience facilitating student engagement through agricultural teams.
- Recruiting experience.
- Fundraising success.
Recognizing that diversity within a context of inclusivity
enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging,
the University of Nebraska and the Nebraska College of Technical
Agriculture are committed to creating learning, research, Extension
programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms
of human diversity. We actively encourage applications from and
nominations of individuals from underrepresented groups including
racial and ethnic minorities, women, sexual minorities, persons
living with disabilities, and veterans.
To view details of the position and create an application, go to http://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_210083. Click “Apply to this job” and complete the information form. Attach 1) a letter of interest that describes your qualifications for the job, anticipated contributions, and the value you place on diversity and your anticipated contributions to creating inclusive environments in which every person and every interaction matters (see https://ianr.unl.edu/ongoing-searches for guidance in writing about your contribution to creating inclusive environments); 2) your curriculum vitae; and 3) contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin August 10, 2021 and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Curtis
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Curtis
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Curtis
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Curtis
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Curtis