Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions is accepting applications for an Admissions Counselor . This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester Virginia.
The admissions counselor manages all activities necessary to recruit students, within a designated territory, to Shenandoah University in order to meet individual and team enrollment goals. Counselors must have or acquire substantial knowledge about their territory, exercise discretion and independent judgment in developing recruitment strategies for their designated territories, and provide a high quality of service to prospective students and families throughout the recruitment, application, and acceptance/enrollment processes.
The admissions counselor will often be the prospective student’s first contact with the university and must recognize the importance of building a relationship based on the professional, correct, and timely exchange of information. The admissions counselor is also a liaison between prospective families and the faculty/staff of other university departments. In this role, the admissions counselor will be responsible for general recruitment of all academic programs, but the counselor will primarily work with students interested in Shenandoah Conservatory’s Music, Theatre, and Dance performing arts programs.
The ability and willingness to work among a team, independently, and until the task is completed successfully, is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- An understanding of Performing Arts (Music, Theatre, or Dance) and the students who have an interest in them
- Experience studying and/or participating in Performing Arts (Music, Theatre, or Dance) is preferred
- Familiarity with Apple computers and software, as well as Microsoft software, including Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word and Excel)
- Experience with various admissions technologies, including Campus Management’s Radius CRM, preferred
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and complete tasks, and meet deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to adapt to, and utilize, numerous technology applications appropriately
- Basic understanding of data analytics and ow to use data in order to accomplish a goal
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and ability to pass a driving background check
- Physical Demands - Must be able to lift 50 lbs. into and out of a vehicle
- Work Environment - Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and to travel overnight with a schedule averaging 12-18 weeks per year. Adhering to university policies and procedures regarding travel is required.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.