Mail Clerk/Division Assistant
Mail Clerk/Division Assistant
2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Mail Clerk/Division Assistant
Assist the large campus Facilities Services Department in various methods and means. Sort incoming U.S.P.S. and interoffice mail. Greet and assist staff, vendors, and students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort moderate to large volumes of all incoming mail for designated campuses throughout the District. Sort all incoming and outgoing interoffice mail.
- Search names and redirect misaddressed mail to various departments and divisions across the District.
- Prepare outgoing inter-office mail for pickup and distribution to other campuses by the mail courier.
- Sign for and log incoming parcels and deliveries.
- Input and close work requests into the computerized work order system (Schooldude).
- May help maintain the key system. Cut door keys using a key machine. Issue keys to faculty and staff.
- Assist and serve as back up to the division secretary when needed.
- Answer telephones, direct calls to the appropriate personnel or answer inquiries and transmit instructions. Greet staff, faculty, students and the general public in a friendly and professional manner. Determine situation and when necessary, direct person to appropriate staff member and follow up to ensure problem is resolved.
- May perform other clerical duties including word processing, order receiving, inventory tracking of supplies and equipment, report/document preparation and data entry using software such as MS Word, Access, Excel and other designated systems/software.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices and procedures with minimal supervision within assigned time frame.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
One (1) year of customer service experience to include frequent face-to-face and telephone contact and use of computer word processing/email software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic US postal service regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of Microsoft data processing software (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to quickly associate names to divisions
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 10 lbs. regularly, and up to 20 lbs. periodically
- Ability to read, write, and communicate clearly in English
- Ability to keep composure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to act as a positive ambassador for Collin College and the Facilities Services Department
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.85 - 13.86
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney