Academic Records & Registration Coordinator
Purpose: Primary responsibilities include course schedule preparation; grade processing; maintenance, examination, and accuracy of academic records created and maintained by the Registrars Office; web registration; faculty and staff training as appropriate on web registration; student support, and maintenance of CARS reports, data, and records associated with the Registrars Office; Dual Enrollment registration processing; secondary VA School Certifying (SCO) official working with a primary SCO; supervision of student employees.
- Create and maintain all-year schedule, session course schedules, and all course records, including schedule changes
- Manage grade processing including change of grades, grade reports
- Create and maintain archival of grade sheets for binding every 5 years
- Create and maintain CARS records table maintenance for student records, grading tables, registration, and course history records
- Maintain accuracy of student academic records
- Manage and coordinate document imaging and the organization of student records and files in the vault and archives.
- Manages registration of all dual enrolled students
- Maintain Core curriculum codes
- Schedule academic classrooms and labs for each semester/term
- Schedule classrooms for events
- Process and maintain learning contracts
- Supervises student employees.
- Process and maintain Incomplete contracts, and Incomplete grade conversion each semester
- Maintain student wait listing
- Report student enrollment data to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) as required by NSC
- Report graduation data to NSC after May, August, and December postings
- Verify degrees on the NSC website as needed
- Manage the implementation and changing dynamics of Web registration, e.g., verifies that all necessary CARS tables and web groups are updated.
- Create and maintain adjunct instructor records in CARS
- Track attendance verification beginning of each semester/term
- Maintain academic calendar in CARS
- Maintain catalog course descriptions
- Assist primary VA School Certifying Official as the Secondary School Certifying Official
- Assist with commencement twice a year as needed
- Assist with diplomas as needed three times a year
- Participate on University committees as assigned
- Participate in the following Registrars Office team-based
- Provides information regarding the acquisition of transcripts,
- Creates and issues transcripts, grade sheets, and class lists as needed
- Knows and complies with FERPA regulations and guidelines.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements
- Explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the department
- Helps others accomplish related job results as and where needed
Education: Bachelors Degree Experience: Knowledge and work experience with the implementation of academic record policies and procedures, work experience in a customer service environment; experience with computerized academic records, course scheduling, and registration system. A demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion. Specialized Training: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of Jenzabar CX preferred. Skills/Attributes
- Exhibit a 'customer first' orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential (can be personalized for position)
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education (if applicable)
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati