Job Vacancy Announcement
Senior Facilitator Learning, Professional and Organizational
Professional and Organizational Development
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$71,897 - $79,087/Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development, and facilitation of
leadership, management, personal and professional effectiveness
programs and organizational consulting services.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Three years of professional experience, and four years of
professional development management and/or organizational
development in higher education experience preferred.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Designs and facilitates learning experiences that ensure
development of managers, leaders and employees of the college.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of the Learning
Management System ( LMS ).
- Identifies and implements methods that focus on growth and
development of employees that foster employee retention and
succession management for hard to fill positions
- Supports the implementation and analysis of the annual training
needs assessment and builds.
- Supervises work study students.
- Supervises the staff in the Professional and Organizational
Development department in the Director’s absence.
- Oversees the Leadership Development Learning continuum and
provides recommendations on design, development and
- Provides input on key learning initiatives for budget and
- Identifies and provides coaching for institution leaders as
- Develops, and implements and facilitates concepts, strategies,
and plans for college-wide professional development for faculty and
staff. Methods use innovative methods for the identification of
growth and development for hard to fill positions and ensures
succession planning has an internal group of candidates especially
for hard to fill positions
- Works closely with the director to ensure evaluation process of
all programs include levels 1- 4 and decisions are made based upon
continuous process improvement and application of learning
- Provides oversight for the selection and requisition of vendors
for leadership development and employee engagement programs.
- Ensures that programs and learning experiences are designed
based upon the needs of the college and in alignment with the goals
and objectives and integrated
- Promotes the Professional Development program(s) internally and
externally as appropriate.
- Supports other Professional and Organizational Development
programs as needed.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have three years of related professional experience?
- * Do you have four years of professional development management
and/or organizational development experience?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2