Academic Chair, Nursing Programs
The Nursing Programs Department offers comprehensive undergraduate educational opportunities including a 120-hour Nursing Assistant program, a certificate in Practical Nursing, an A.S.N. degree, and an RN-BSN completion program. The Nursing Programs Academic Chair reports to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs for Health Sciences and is responsible for providing leadership for all academic and operational activities in the department. Duties include planning, managing, and assessing instructional programs, maintaining program accreditation and/or Florida Board of Nursing approval, leading the processes for the hiring and evaluating full-time and part-time faculty, maintaining strong relationships with advisory boards and specialized accrediting bodies as needed, and overseeing all activities that contribute to student access, retention, learning and success.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Promote a positive and professional culture of open communication and evidence-based decision making in all aspects of the department’s operations.
- Provide academic and instructional leadership for all nursing programs focused on student learning and success, student engagement, outcomes assessment and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership that promotes best practices in instruction and curriculum.
- Provide leadership for departmental planning and program review activities (including assessment of learning outcomes) and utilization of results to improve departmental operations and student success.
- Plan, manage and assess departmental budgets and optimize management of fiscal resources.
- Manage recruitment, development, retention and evaluation of full-time and part-time faculty and other departmental personnel.
- Provide leadership for faculty and other stakeholders to address student issues in a professional and timely manner, and in accordance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff both within and outside the Division of Academic Affairs on College initiatives and projects as assigned, including interdisciplinary educational opportunities.
- Maintain a positive relationship with local, state and national colleagues; clinical affiliate administrators, advisory board members, and industry representatives.
- Develop, review and revise policies and procedures to ensure that programs comply with SACSCOC, state regulatory agency, and professional nursing accreditation standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs (Health Sciences)
Required: A master’s degree in nursing. A current State of Florida Board of Nursing RN or ARNP license. Additionally, five years of experience in academic, clinical, or administrative nursing or a combination thereof.
Additional Requirements: Candidates with out-of-state licenses would be required to achieve FL licensure prior to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: A doctoral degree in nursing and/or experience in curricular design and instruction, including simulation techniques is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Critical Thinking & Judgement - able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and other factors.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide a high level of interactive service to others, including building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume/curriculum vitae, as well as academic transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public.
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Education Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Nursing Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville