Undergraduate Admissions Evaluator (3 Positions)
The Undergraduate Admissions Evaluator performs complex student services professional work within a centralized admissions environment to determine student applicant's’ admissibility to the university by following CSU regulations, policies and procedures under general supervision of the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach. The incumbent is primarily responsible for complex tasks regarding all processes related to admission evaluation, verification, and posting of transfer credit. The objective in all interactions is to provide information regarding policies and procedures, to suggest actions that will resolve issues, and to establish cordial and collegial relationships with those contacting the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach.
- Provides admissions criteria for both Freshmen and Transfer applicants both domestic and international
- Provides information and explanation for individual situations
- Interprets and explains admission requirements, transfer credit evaluation policies, and enrollment policies to students, parents, campus community members and representatives from other colleges and institutions
- Verifies and processes academic records; transcripts for transfer credits and advance standing credits that are valid toward transfer and or graduation requirements
- Reviews, evaluates, and processes all documents and transcripts
- Provides high-level customer service to students by answering complex policy questions, outlining and troubleshooting various documents and batch processes, including transcripts and documents related to domestic and international admission processes
- Assesses domestic and international student’s academic documents and transcripts to determine admission eligibility for both Freshmen and Transfer applicants
- Assists students by answering questions, explains various documents that may be requested for the application process, including transcripts, test scores and documents related to domestic and international admission processes
- Assists students in appropriate appeal processes, provides customer service functions, and advises applicants on requirements via one-on-one meetings, phone and e-mail communications, and university outreach activities
- Assists the Admissions Operations unit with filing processes and updating of screens/pages
- Supports all areas of the Office of Admissions and Outreach as well as the other Enrollment Services Units to ensure that shared processes are completed by posted deadlines
- Participates in office, divisional, departmental, and team meetings regarding changes in policy and process as it relates to Enrollment Services
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to reason logically and analyze data to make informed decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive communications with students, parents, staff, faculty and external agencies
- Ability to identify problems and find resolutions in an efficient manner
- Ability utilizes or learns to utilize CMS for record keeping and to retrieve information
- Ability to develop and lead presentations and workshops
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Handles sensitive communications with students, parents, employees and external agencies
- Ability to take initiative and is resourcefulness in planning work assignments and in implementing long-range program improvements
- Ability to collect, compile, analyze, and evaluate data and make verbal or written presentations based on these data
- Ability to advise students individually and in groups on routine matters where required.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge of technology and software applications such as: word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and communication tools
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability plan and execute multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- Ability to identify conflict, problem solve, and resolve student problems and concerns in the most efficient manner possible
- Ability to plan, organize and implement small and large scale events to promote a welcoming and inclusive environment for nonresident students
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job related field
- Two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field. A master’s degree in a job related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a higher education enrollment services environment, admissions, records, and/or evaluations
- Experience analyzing and interpreting college/high school transcripts, documents, process requirements and university policies regarding admissions and enrollment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and customer service based technology systems
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in communicating admissions and or student services policies and procedures to community college, university, or high school constituents
Classification: Student Services Professional II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,304/month - $4,669/month
Salary Range: $4,304/month - $6,120/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: July 10, 2021 through July 27, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: July 10, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose