WUFT-TV, WUFT-FM, WRUF- AM / FM and the College of Journalism and Communications seek to recruit an energetic, engaging and organized individual to serve as an ambassador for our media properties and the CJC family by serving in a reception/lobby area of the College. We say "ambassador" as this person will be one of the first people faculty, staff, students, visitors and VIP's will greet as they enter the television and radio stations and College of Journalism and Communications. Our College and stations are a diverse and exciting place and we're looking to attract someone who shares our pride in what we're about and what we do, both through our broadcast stations but also with our students and campus family.
Specific Duties Include:
- Welcomes visitors to the Weimer Hall by greeting them, providing requested assistance, and/or directing them to the appropriate offices or persons.
- Notifies staff or departments of package deliveries.
- Monitors visitor access to the building and maintains security awareness.
- Ensures receptionist area is kept clean and tidy to maintain a professional environment.
- Serves as an ambassador for the College and media properties and works to maintain the lobby environment as one that is welcoming, inviting and appropriate to promoting the media properties, GatorVision and CJC in general.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of call, provides response to telephone inquiries as appropriate, provides caller with address information, directions, and other information as requested, or takes messages and/or routes calls to the appropriate office or person.
- Assists Executive Director with special projects, tasks and organizational initiatives for the Division of Media Properties.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to periodic distribution of prizes to station listeners while following specific prize pick up procedure.
The College of Journalism and Communications ( www.jou.ufl.edu ) offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees and certificates, both online and on campus. CJC students have the opportunity to gain practical experience in the Innovation News Center, which generates content across multiple platforms, and The Agency, an integrated strategic communication and consumer research agency focused on marketing to young adults. The College includes seven broadcast and digital media properties, the Joseph L. Brechner Center for Freedom of Information and the nation’s only STEM Translational Communication Center and Center for Public Interest Communications.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The UF College of Journalism and Communications and WUFT/WRUF is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We attribute our success to a work force that embraces the contributions of people of all backgrounds and ability levels.
The City of Gainesville
Gainesville ( http://cityofgainesville.org ) is home to Florida's largest and oldest university, and so is one of the state's centers of education, medicine, cultural events and athletics. The University of Florida and UF Health Shands Hospital are the leading employers in Gainesville and provide jobs for many residents of surrounding counties. Gainesville is also the largest city in Alachua County and is the county seat, with approximately 269,000 residents county-wide. It serves as the cultural, educational and commercial center for the north central Florida region. The city provides a full range of municipal services, including cultural and nature services and necessary administrative services to support these activities. Additionally, the city owns a regional transit system, a regional airport, and a 72-par championship golf course. Known for its preservation of historic buildings and the beauty of its natural surroundings, Gainesville's numerous parks, museums and lakes provide entertainment to thousands of visitors. Because of its beautiful landscape and urban "forest," Gainesville is one of the most attractive cities in Florida. The city is in a central location to both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, providing easy access within a day’s drive to beaches, nature preserves, and water-based activities. Explore Gainesville in 60 Seconds.
$15.00 - $19.15 per hour; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of basic office practices including telephone etiquette.
- Masters usage of the telephone system and advocates for the effective usage of the phone, e-mail and any other communication systems within the operation.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Media Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge