Strength & Conditioning Coach
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The Strength & Conditioning Coach shall have the primary responsibilities to develop exercise prescriptions to improve the performance of our competitive athletes and sports teams; execute strategies that include on and off the field performance: build a competitive team in the competition; including, but not limited to player discipline and wins on and off the field. Including, but not limited to assisting with strategies for the recruitment of athletes and developing a regionally and nationally competitive team. This student-centric role will develop systematic training programs for both teams and individual athletes. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who seeks to make an impact in a fast-paced, purposeful work environment and who understands the importance of contributing to the broader life of the University community.
Responsible for the overall management of the strength and conditioning program. Motivate and supervise student-athletes as they work out, and assess their performance before and after the program. Provide administrative efforts, events and programming, game operations, research, and presentation. This also includes but is not limited to team communication and hospitality guidelines. Representation at various South Florida business functions, industry conventions, business seminars, and meetings as directed. Establishing and adhering to policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines in compliance with the policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines of all University, NAIA, state, and Federal Laws.
- Assists in ensuring the enhancement of the physical and mental development of student-athletes through the establishment of specific training programs and activities to increase the performance of student-athletes in both practice and competition.
- Work in collaboration with the Athletic Trainer in the rehabilitation and strengthening of student-athletes recovering from injuries.
- Advice, coach, and counsel student-athletes academically, athletically, and socially.
- Possess an understanding of the physiological spectrum of student-athlete development.
- Design dynamic programs to meet the team and individual goals and needs.
- Design, implement and supervise sport-specific training programs for all boys' and girls' athletic teams.
- Establish a schedule and customized program for each team's pre-season, in-season, post-season, and off-season training.
- Provide close supervision of all student-athletes during school fitness center/weight room sessions.
- Develop and enforce a consistent discipline policy and enforce the code of conduct for both players and team.
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being taught.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
- Recruitment: recruiting strategies through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits, in accordance with the conferences and regulations.
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and the FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to coach, inspire, and mentor student-athletes.
- Strong work ethic, service excellence, and responsibility.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Work involves planning and directing daily requests. Ability to plan and promote special events.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting is required (i.e., set-up of scorers’ table, etc.), some manual labor is expected. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- The position requires a bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of coaching experience. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern in an athletic program is acceptable with one (1) year of the required experience.
- Travel is necessary.
- Experience in intercollegiate athletic program administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Athletics Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens