AJ - Adjunct
AJ - Adjunct Faculty
Center for Sport Leadership
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Anticipated Hiring Range
Monroe Park Campus
Normal work days
Normal work hours
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the
VCU Health System?
Does this position require a pre-placement medical
Is any portion of this position grant-funded?
Description of the Job
The Center for Sport Leadership at Virginia Commonwealth University
adjunct faculty members for Spring, Summer, and Fall to teach
courses in the Sports
Leadership Master’s program. Position duties include:
1) Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
2) Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on
3) Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
4) Submit final grades according to School policy.
Master’s or doctoral degree in sport management or related field;
experience teaching or working with students (preferably master’s
level students); work experience related to the course topic.
Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty,
staff, and student
environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Job Open Date
Remove from posting on or before
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and
persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document