International Studies- Adjunct Faculty
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title International Studies- Adjunct Faculty Department School Of World Studies Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $1,200 per credit hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Virginia Commonwealth University College of Humanities and Sciences is recruiting adjunct faculty for the Fall 2021 semester within the International Studies Program of the School of World Studies. The program is specifically looking for one or more instructors to teach Fall 2021 International Studies courses (see course descriptions below). The program may also need an International Studies instructor for the Spring 2022 semester. Your application will remain active for a year; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NOTE : This is a part-time, non-benefited faculty position. Adjunct contracts are for one semester.
Position duties include:
- Instruct students in International Studies classes.
- Meet all designated course instruction guidelines, including course preparation, assessments, grading, records management and submission of the course syllabus.
- Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on instructions/rubric provided.
- Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
- Submit final grades according to College/Department policy.
INTL 101 Human Societies and Globalization Semester course; 3 lecture hours. 3 credits. An interdisciplinary inquiry into how societies around the world are organized and how they are interrelated on social, economic, political and cultural dimensions. The course is organized around themes that are important to prominent globalization processes — topics such as human rights, global inequalities, cultural globalization, global crime, globalization and religion, the global mass media, and environmental issues. Students also explore the implications of rapid social change for international issues and interpersonal interaction. NOTE : For Fall 2021, this course is scheduled for online asynchronous instruction. Required Qualifications
- EDUCATION : Master’s degree in International Studies or a related field.
- COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE : Demonstrated teaching experience at the university level. Demonstrated ability to use modern instructional technology. Demonstrated experience teaching in online formats. Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Preferred Qualifications: Ph.D. or other terminal degree in International Studies or a related discipline is highly preferred Job Open Date 07/09/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, please upload a current CV, cover letter and contact information for three references as an “other document”. Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107744 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have experience teaching online?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond