Chemistry Adjunct Faculty (Rolling Pool)
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Chemistry Adjunct Faculty (Rolling Pool) Department Chemistry Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $1,200 per Credit Hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Variable Normal work days Variable Normal work hours Variable Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Virginia Commonwealth University, College of Humanities and Sciences is recruiting a pool of Adjunct Faculty for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 course sections within the Department of Chemistry. This pool will be utilized on an as-needed basis. Your application will remain active for a year; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years. Also, Per VCU guidance, our classes will be in-person for the Fall semester and moving forward. However; should another spike in COVID cases arise, we will revert back to virtual classes for the safety and well being of our Faculty, Staff, Students and Families. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Position duties include:
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on instructions/rubric provided.
• Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
• Submit final grades according to College/Department policy. RESPONSIBILITIES : TEACHING LECTURE OR LABORATORY COURSES . Required Qualifications
Terminal degree in Chemistry or related field. Preferred Qualifications
Demonstrated experience teaching Chemistry. Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field. Previous experience teaching Chemistry courses at VCU . Job Open Date 07/09/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107238 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you taught Chemistry classes and/or labs at the college
level? If so, what classes/labs and when?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Geology & Earth Sciences Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond