A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
(ATSU-KCOM) is seeking a Patient Services Coordinator on the
Kirksville, Missouri, campus. This position reports to the Clinical
Quality Coordinator. The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) plays
an integral role in providing superior service to the faculty and
patients of the clinics located on ATSU's Kirksville campus. The
PSC is responsible for maintaining accurate patient data,
expediting patient care through scheduling, and supporting revenue
cycle through payment collections in a courteous manner that will
reflect positively on both the clinic and the institution.
Major Job Duties
- Exercise sound judgment in facilitating appointments with the
clinical staff through phone and/or electronic means.
- Aid in the digital routing of patient medical information to
the appropriate clinic contact for review.
- Collect copays/balances.
- Triage patient communications in a timely fashion.
- Serve as ambassadors of the clinical staff.
- In representing the clinic, appearance of self and workspace
should be maintained professionally.
- Provide ancillary support in office duties (patient
- Be responsible for patient outreach for health reminder
- Provide support for facilitating referrals and/or outpatient
- Attend staff meetings.
- Support residency clinic or business operations in any other
duties as required by the clinic administrative team.
- Provide support in facilitating student health services or
preventive screening scheduling.
- Triage and route non-scheduling concerns to the appropriate
- Aid in maintaining the appropriate supplies required for
- Be responsible for conveying any item that may impact patients,
KFM, OMM or ATSU to the supervisor promptly to facilitate a
- All other duties as required.
- High School plus one year technical training or schooling.
- Medical terminology or pharmacology are beneficial to this
- Prior HIPAA training preferred.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or patient care
- Three to six months is the minimum amount of time one must
spend on this job or a related one in order to perform the duties
satisfactorily. The necessary experience can be acquired on the
- Post hire
- PSC's will complete HIPAA and FERPA training necessary for
- Red Flag training will also be required due to use of payment
- PSC's will be required to complete skill competency courses for
all electronic platforms including EHR vendors and peripheral
solutions, vaccine eligibility database, and all other trainings as
needed to support.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- PSC's must be team oriented and be flexible in working within
their department to prioritize coverage of phones necessary for
- Compassion, courtesy, and positivity are needed for daily
interactions with patients as well as staff.
- Employees handling payments must also demonstrate attention to
detail and ethical guidelines.
- PSC's must also have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent phone skills and the ability to navigate an
electronic scheduling/practice management system is a
- Applicants should have excellent customer relation skills with
a patient first attitude.