KCOM - Patient Services Coordinator
A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (ATSU-KCOM) is seeking a Patient Services Coordinator on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. This position reports to the Clinical Quality Coordinator. The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) plays an integral role in providing superior service to the faculty and patients of the clinics located on ATSU's Kirksville campus. The PSC is responsible for maintaining accurate patient data, expediting patient care through scheduling, and supporting revenue cycle through payment collections in a courteous manner that will reflect positively on both the clinic and the institution.
Major Job Duties
- Exercise sound judgment in facilitating appointments with the clinical staff through phone and/or electronic means.
- Aid in the digital routing of patient medical information to the appropriate clinic contact for review.
- Collect copays/balances.
- Triage patient communications in a timely fashion.
- Serve as ambassadors of the clinical staff.
- In representing the clinic, appearance of self and workspace should be maintained professionally.
- Provide ancillary support in office duties (patient correspondence).
- Be responsible for patient outreach for health reminder scheduling.
- Provide support for facilitating referrals and/or outpatient testing.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Support residency clinic or business operations in any other duties as required by the clinic administrative team.
- Provide support in facilitating student health services or preventive screening scheduling.
- Triage and route non-scheduling concerns to the appropriate clinic resource.
- Aid in maintaining the appropriate supplies required for efficient operations.
- Be responsible for conveying any item that may impact patients, KFM, OMM or ATSU to the supervisor promptly to facilitate a resolution.
- All other duties as required.
- High School plus one year technical training or schooling.
- Medical terminology or pharmacology are beneficial to this role.
- Prior HIPAA training preferred.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or patient care certification preferred.
- Three to six months is the minimum amount of time one must spend on this job or a related one in order to perform the duties satisfactorily. The necessary experience can be acquired on the job.
- Post hire
- PSC's will complete HIPAA and FERPA training necessary for institutional compliance.
- Red Flag training will also be required due to use of payment processing devices.
- PSC's will be required to complete skill competency courses for all electronic platforms including EHR vendors and peripheral solutions, vaccine eligibility database, and all other trainings as needed to support.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- PSC's must be team oriented and be flexible in working within their department to prioritize coverage of phones necessary for patient care.
- Compassion, courtesy, and positivity are needed for daily interactions with patients as well as staff.
- Employees handling payments must also demonstrate attention to detail and ethical guidelines.
- PSC's must also have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent phone skills and the ability to navigate an electronic scheduling/practice management system is a necessity.
- Applicants should have excellent customer relation skills with a patient first attitude.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville