Special Programs Manager
Position Special Programs Manager Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
The Special Programs Manager will work under the direction of the Director of Research and Sponsored Programs, serving as Principal Investigator on grant and contract projects housed in primarily in STEM, conservation, and geospatial sciences fields. Expected to manage grant and contract projects and supervise staff and student research aides. Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement grant programs and contracts from their application to approval and utilization to include the development of all reports.
- Supervise and mentor staff and student employees.
- Facilitate collaborative and public meetings related to natural resources conservation.
- Maintain appropriate files, documentation and tracking of data regarding participants in multiple programs.
- Maintain inventory of equipment obtain through grant, contract, or un-restricted university funds.
- Plan and schedule workshops events.
- Coordinate with faculty, NMHU clubs and community partners to provide STEM, conservation, and geospatial sciences outreach.
- Generate grant and contract program reporting requirements.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with NMHU student, faculty and staff.
- Hire, train and supervise NMHU undergraduate student, graduate student, staff, and post-doctoral students.
- Coordinate and present workshops in accordance with grant and contract requirements.
- Follow all grant, institutional, state, and federal requirements and conditions.
- Master’s Degree and 10 years of program administration or coordination experience.
- Experience in working with grants and contracts.
- Expertise in the use of geospatial technologies.
- Knowledge of NMHU grant and contract processes.
- This position is contingent on available funding and support from grants and contracts.
- Computer Proficiency (MS Office)
- Office Management
- Proposal Writing and Editing
- Budget Preparation
- Report & Document Preparation
- Spreadsheet & Database Creation
- Meeting & Event Planning
- Purchase Requisitions
- Travel Planning
- Customer Satisfaction
- Records Management
- Inventory Management
- Teambuilding & Supervision
- Geospatial technology skills
- Communication and organizational skills
· Limited exposure to physical risk.
· Limited physical effort required. Working Environment
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Pay Rate $52,500 Work Location/Campus Center Las Vegas, NM Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS505P Open Date 07/07/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and email address of three (3) Professional references in application; and, 4) Unofficial copies of transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus or Zoom interviews will be required to submit official transcripts . References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at email@example.com NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6675 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Are you available to work weekends?
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas