Special Programs Manager
Full Time/Part Time
The Special Programs Manager will work under the direction of the
Director of Research and Sponsored Programs, serving as Principal
Investigator on grant and contract projects housed in primarily in
STEM, conservation, and geospatial sciences fields. Expected to
manage grant and contract projects and supervise staff and student
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement grant programs and contracts from their
application to approval and utilization to include the development
of all reports.
- Supervise and mentor staff and student employees.
- Facilitate collaborative and public meetings related to natural
- Maintain appropriate files, documentation and tracking of data
regarding participants in multiple programs.
- Maintain inventory of equipment obtain through grant, contract,
or un-restricted university funds.
- Plan and schedule workshops events.
- Coordinate with faculty, NMHU clubs and community partners to
provide STEM, conservation, and geospatial sciences outreach.
- Generate grant and contract program reporting
- Establish and maintain working relationships with NMHU student,
faculty and staff.
- Hire, train and supervise NMHU undergraduate student, graduate
student, staff, and post-doctoral students.
- Coordinate and present workshops in accordance with grant and
- Follow all grant, institutional, state, and federal
requirements and conditions.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master’s Degree and 10 years of program administration or
- Experience in working with grants and contracts.
- Expertise in the use of geospatial technologies.
- Knowledge of NMHU grant and contract processes.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
- This position is contingent on available funding and support
from grants and contracts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer Proficiency (MS Office)
- Office Management
- Proposal Writing and Editing
- Budget Preparation
- Report & Document Preparation
- Spreadsheet & Database Creation
- Meeting & Event Planning
- Purchase Requisitions
- Travel Planning
- Customer Satisfaction
- Records Management
- Inventory Management
- Teambuilding & Supervision
- Geospatial technology skills
- Communication and organizational skills
· Limited exposure to physical risk.
· Limited physical effort required.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
Work Location/Campus Center
Las Vegas, NM Campus
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. We are committed to the University values of diversity,
accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative
action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of
interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and
email address of three (3) Professional references in application;
and, 4) Unofficial copies of transcripts. Candidates who are
invited for on-campus or Zoom interviews will be required to submit
. References will be contacted in
conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials
with online application. For disabled access or services, call
(505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at email@example.com NMHU IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Are you available to work weekends?
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation