Assistant Director of Institutional Research
Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Director of Institutional Research. The Assistant Director of Institutional Research is a full-time, year-round position, job group and level PT-2. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the w ays in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
- Bachelor's degree in a social science, quantitative, or a related field with course work in statistics and research methods
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education research
- Excellent quantitative, and verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information verbally, and in written and graphic form to individuals with varying backgrounds.
- Keep updated on new tools and techniques, and willingness to travel for training, meetings and selected professional conferences.
- Proven ability to work independently
- A commitment to contributing to an intentionally inclusive work environment that supports a diverse student body, staff and faculty
- Strong organizational skills and the capacity to manage multiple and changing priorities; the ability to meet deadlines; diligent concern for accuracy and attention to detail; a customer service orientation and the ability to work well with others in a collegial environment.
- Knowledge of applied quantitative or mixed methods research skills on projects related to education and student learning. Working knowledge of inferential statistics. Knowledge of measurement theory, including the ability to conduct validity and reliability studies.