Marketing and Office Manager, Experiential Learning and Career Success
The Experiential Learning and Career Success (ELCS) invites applications for a Marketing and Office Manager to join their team. Responsibilities include: providing excellent internal and external customer service to maintain a team-oriented attitude; overseeing student workers to help support front desk responsibilities; creating and marketing content about ELCS to our varied audiences; creating educational materials to better support our users about how to use our system platforms; Scheduling Career Coach appointments and office meetings.
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate office space, safety and equipment needs
- Purchase supplies and equipment and work with vendors
- Oversee telecommunications – Phones, IT
- Provide backup staffing for front-desk, receptions and responsibilities
- Coordinate with student workers to support approvals and learning agreements for Handshake and and Gradleaders
- Collaborate with the ELCS Accounting Coordinator in monitoring budget and expenditures to track progress and ensure adherence to budget plan
Outreach and Marketing:
- Develop, maintain and create new content for the ELCS website
- Ensure that website complies with ADA standards
- Responsible for ELCS newsletter and gathering information for content
- Manage social media presence for ELCS and create marketing campaigns to support fairs, events, on-campus recruiting, employer visits, employer tabling and on-campus events
- Oversee the creation and upkeep of the social media marketing calendar
- Create ads, flyers, brochures, PowerPoint presentations and other media
- Ability to write promotional information and design outreach to students, employers, faculty, staff and alumni using social and print media, Navigate App and other campus outlets
- Manage social media presence of ELCS Fairs/events on-campus recruiting/employer visits, employer tabling, and on-campus events
- In conjunction with Employer, Event and Systems Specialist, develop and design formal and informal methods to help students/alumni, employer, staff and faculty to optimize their use of our system platforms
- Manage the production of short informational videos showcasing student experiences, information webinars and Zoom informationals to share with students, employers, faculty, alumni and staff
- Coordinate and support in the creation and design of training materials for various user groups
- Assist students with technical issues using Griz Hub to capture Elevate U information
- Manage the front reception area to function in a professional manner
- Provide necessary information to staff, student employees, and Suite 154 to ensure smooth client flow
- Maintain relationships and program understanding of other Student Affairs offices
- Knowledge of computer technology used to deliver academic, professional certification/licensing exams, and career/personality assessments
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience with graphic design software
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and two (2) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using a data platform
- Experience with web design
- Experience with social media
- Experience in creating short informational videos
- Experience supervising others
About ELCS and UM
ELCS Mission Statement: Helping students maximize their education through engaging experiences and intentional planning, preparing them for success today and tomorrow.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Media Info Coordinator
Position Number: 010400
Department: Experiential Learning and Career Success
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, July 25, 2021, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner