UVU Museum of Art - Museum Education Manager
UVU Museum of Art - Museum Education Manager
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The UVU Museum of Art seeks a Museum Education Manager to oversee and develop programs and initiatives that create meaningful opportunities for community arts learning and engagement. The Museum Education Manager reports to the Museum Director and is a member of the Museum's core leadership team. The Museum Educator Manager collaborates on and contributes to the design and refinement of all exhibitions and programs, ensuring that they promote innovative, diverse, and accessible experiences. This position is responsible for education team leadership, oversight and support. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about the Museum's mission, and the opportunity to innovate arts engagement as part of the dynamic learning environment at Utah Valley University.
- Responsible for oversight and management of a broad suite of
Educational programming, including revenue-generating and
value-added programs, ensuring that they are inclusive, accessible,
inquiry-based, and mission focused.
- Responsible for managing museum education staff, interns,
visiting artists, visiting educators, and education department
- Responsible for the oversight and close management of the
Education Department budget, including meeting monthly and annual
goals, tracking/controlling all department expenses, and ensuring
the appropriate application of grant funding.
- Responsible for effective communication and meaningful
collaboration with all University and community partners.
- Responsible for aligning education initiatives with the
museum's mission and strategic plan.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with other museum staff
members to inform the design and development of new projects and
refinement of existing assets.
- Responsible for developing and cultivating productive
relationships with University and community partners to enhance
Museum Education reach and impact. Partners include: national,
state, and local agencies; UVU departments and colleges;
educational institutions, business and industry; museums and
galleries; artists and educators; and other non-profit and
- Responsible for supporting visitor services, general
operations, exhibition installation, special projects, and
- Responsible for participating in and seeking continued
professional development opportunities.
- Responsible for presenting lectures, workshops, demonstrations,
guided tours, digital presentations, and other related
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the VP of Design
and Programming. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which
includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable
medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance,
tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents
and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Education, Arts Education, Art History, Fine Art, Museum Studies, or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of contemporary art and culture.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail, particularly with administrative tasks, including correspondence, spreadsheets, processes, budgets, and policies.
- Ability to present programs and tours both virtually and in-person.
- Ability to think strategically, adapt to change, and to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to self-initiate and work independently as well as work collaboratively with colleagues in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and videoconferencing.
- Demonstrated commitment to values of diversity, equity, access, and inclusion.
Prior experience working within a museum setting preferred.
Demonstrated community outreach experience.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership/management role.
Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $39,516 - $49,394
Advertisement Number: STA39321
Open Date: 07/08/2021
Review Start Date: 08/09/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Details of references will be required when needed
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23416
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.