Health Operations Analyst Specialist (AA/S -EI) / Student Health Center
Health Operations Analyst Specialist (AA/S -EI) / Student Health Center
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 501393
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The CSUSB Student Health Center supports students' academic success by providing high-quality accessible health and psychiatric care as well as health education and wellness services in a safe, confidential, and compassionate environment.
Under general supervision of the Student Health Center and Counseling and Psychological Services management team members, the Health Operations Analyst Specialist is responsible for coordinating office system operations. This includes supporting the clinical operation daily, managing all Student Health Center and CAPS IT support ticket issues submitted, serve as backup to IT Consultant as needed, as well as responsible for proactively anticipating operation needs related to systems and making the necessary changes to prevent issues from arising so that clinical staff can serve students effectively. The Health Operations Analyst Specialist acts as a liaison between staff, providers, patients, vendors, and the Information Technology Services (ITS) team to resolve immediate and ongoing issues.
Technical typical duties include the following but not limited to:
Employment Status: Full-time, "exempt", probationary position (with the possibility of converting to permanent).
*The initial review of applications will begin on July 22, 2021.
- Typically, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Thorough knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely, communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical users, and generate quality documentation.
- Oversee the full scope of project activities including initiation, execution, coordination, implementation, and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical and office productivity systems and the ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and software packages are preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to address a wide range of issues which require interpreting policies and procedures and using ingenuity to resolve issues.
- Ability to deliver knowledge about computer systems, programming, and technical issues utilizing an effective and diverse communication style that is seamless to end-user.
- Ability to organize data into pertinent reports and generate metrics.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and under strict deadlines.
- Ability to discern when situations need to be brought to the attention of management/supervisor.
- The ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those of a sensitive nature along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- High level of integrity and excellent judgment concerning privacy issues.
- Readiness to learn new skills, and the ability to identify pertinent continuing education to support the requirements of this position and the evolving technical environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs, PLUS two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience working with electronic health records software programs, troubleshooting and resolving issues to improve patient care, clinic flow, and staff efficiency.
- Experience working with Point and Click and Titanium electronic health records software programs. Excellent analytical skills.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,897.00 to $4,287.00 per month.
Classification Salary Range: $3,897.00 to $7,051.00 per month.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experiences. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (which may include: fingerprinting, checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records, motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu