Associate Director, Partnerships
Associate Director, Partnerships
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
At the core of the Roux Institute strategy is building a learning, research, and entrepreneurship program hand in hand with industry and attracting, developing, and retaining talent for the State of Maine. As a result, the Roux Institute is hiring an Associate Director of Partnerships, to develop, build and optimize partnerships. Reporting to the Senior Director of Partnerships, the Associate Director of Partnerships will plan, develop, and manage the Roux Institute's partnerships and programming for a portfolio of Roux Institute partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape, steward, and manage relationships and programs with Roux Institute partners. These partnerships may be industry, community, or partnerships with other institutions of higher education. The substance of the partnerships may include talent acquisition and development, learning programs, and collaborative research. The Associate Director of Partnerships will be responsible for developing new partners, defining first engagements and developing follow-on engagements that grow the partnership over time. This role will work closely with counterparts across the Institute to define success and chart goals for each partnership.
The focus of the position is to develop strong partnerships that grow and mature over time and ensure positive partner experiences and to optimize the strategic value of each relationship for all parties. The role requires strong institutional awareness and excellent communication both externally and cross-functionally within the organization.
The successful candidate will be passionate about developing partnerships to achieve the mission of the Roux Institute and engaging partners in learning, talent acquisition and collaborative research projects and able to accurately convey the core mission and values of The Roux Institute. They will possess the ability to propose a vision for each partnership and to see that vision through to execution. The Roux Institute establishes partnerships with industry, other institutions of higher education, and community-based organizations. The successful candidate should highlight previous relevant partnership experience in any relevant domains.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, dispositions, experience, and qualifications:
- B.A. required; master's preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of experience in business development, program management, relationship management, strategic planning, program operations, and/or special projects or related field
- The ability to establish relationships with key contacts at partner organizations
- The ability to develop a strategy for each partner rooted in partner goals and aligned to the Roux Institute mission
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills with proven ability to strategize and prioritize to meet goals and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, sufficient to inspire others and work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues
- Strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to write clearly and concisely (e.g. a program overview document)
- A strong sense of personal accountability to take engagements across the finish line
- Familiarity working with high-level decision-makers within varying sizes of organizations
- The ability to adjust priorities quickly and efficiently
- The ability to develop authentic relationships rooted in the achievement of mutual goals
- The ability to manage up to senior leaders and across to colleagues to accomplish critical, time-sensitive objectives
- Strong project management skills paired with the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources
- The ability to present to external audiences and be an ambassador for the Roux Institute with a diverse set of stakeholders within partners
- Acute attention to detail and a focus on efficiency
- A drive to succeed
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently when needed
- Excellent judgement
- The ability to serve as an ambassador for the University
- A culturally responsive mindset
- The ability to cultivate positive relationships across lines of difference
- A commitment to Maine and its people
- A sense of humor and enthusiasm
Preferred Skills, Experience
- Project Management
- You will be required to travel, mostly regionally, to meet strategically important partners
- You may be required to travel to Boston a few days a month for meetings at Northeastern's Boston and Burlington campuses
- There is limited travel further afield to meet companies who wish to move offices to Maine or to visit Northeastern regional campuses
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507040