Job ID: 229776
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associates, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
9920401 - Armstrong Facility Operations
Perform routine and semiskilled work while assisting skilled workers in performance of maintenance and repairs. Conduct routine and preventive maintenance and repairs for designated building, facilities and equipment, ensuring technical operations are in proper running order.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Replace bearings and motors
- Submit a daily report of materials used and time spent on projects
- Follow all safety and other risk management policies in the performance of work
- Maintain, repair, and clean tools, equipment, and work areas
- Perform preventive maintenance on air compressors
- Monitor campus building automation systems
- Perform a wide variety of miscellaneous mechanical, air conditioning and heating, and building trades' tasks in the maintenance of buildings and equipment and in simple construction and fabrication tasks
- Inspect buildings and make repairs as necessary
- Report major maintenance needs to appropriate supervisor
- Maintain or report supplies and equipment necessary to carry out assignments
- Respond to emergency calls in assigned areas to repair or determine other actions necessary to resume normal operations
- Replace pumps and filters
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, HVAC, and plumbing issues
- Tighten or change belts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years related work experience
$13.51 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and e-mail with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and work order instructions
- Ability to work with power tools and various hand tools
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support the University's mission for student success
- Basic working knowledge of various repair and maintenance tasks, to include those in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Must be detail-oriented
Apply Before Date
July 30, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com .
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proof of valid Georgia driver´s license upon hire
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=229776&PostingSeq=1