About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College, Division of Information Technology Services seeks a Systems Administrator (State Title: Lead Programmer -Analyst) at our Saratoga Springs, NY location.
The Systems Administrator will be part of the Cloud Computing team that manages the college's hybrid cloud infrastructure including both on premise and externally hosted solutions. This position is dedicated to providing an excellent customer support experience. The selected incumbent will be solutions driven and be able to see the broader picture without a loss of customer service.
The Cloud Computing team works closely with the Network Operations team to identify opportunities for improvement in systems and processes. This position also develops, participates and supports documentation for Tier 2 self-help materials and other related resources as part of an advanced online ticketing system. Responsibilities include daily operations and maintenance of enterprise servers in a Windows and Linux environment. The incumbent will work closely with the team and 3rd party vendors to resolve issues, and document solutions.
- Day-to-day server systems, storage, and backup application support
- Ensure client requests are responded to in a timely fashion; document & report status; escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge.
- Troubleshoot, resolve & document solutions related to systems, applications, and DR/backup jobs.
- Assists with entry-level networking tasks, server tasks, and projects.
- Troubleshoots and provides support for existing technology systems and services; track and resolves issues logged via the Service Desk's trouble ticket software.
- Monitors systems, assist in resolving issues with applications
- Champions customers' concerns and works as an advocate for them when interacting with ITS team members
- Provides support to technicians in the form of documentation and troubleshooting tips
- Researches and organizes information with regards to reoccurring problems and issue resolution
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of two years relevant experience supporting server systems
- Minimum of one year experience working in a higher education setting
- Familiarity with VMware, Windows and Linux services
- Experienced in troubleshooting issues related to some of the following applications: VMware VM's, Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS services, Azure Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, IP networking, Windows Server, and network printers
- Good problem-solving ability and interest in learning
- Responsible, proactive, excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment while being a self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal savvy and ability to empathize with concerned customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor
- Familiarity with VMware vCenter, Citrix XenApp platform, and datacenter server hardware
- In-depth working knowledge of Windows and Linux server systems and services
- Advanced (system-level) troubleshooting
- Experience using remote support tools (i.e. Beyond Trust, Configuration Mgr, RDP, etc.)
- Experience with the ITIL framework and ITSM
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Have experience with some of the following products
- Windows Servers / Active Directory
- Software Licensing and EULAs
- CommVault backup
- Scripting: PowerShell, bash
- VMware o
- Azure / Office 365
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager (SCCM)
- Apereo CAS
- Occasional evening hours
- May involve occasional travel
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs