Office Coordinator, Diversity
Office Coordinator, Diversity & Inclusion
Job No: 496765
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Student Affairs, Clerical / Support
The Office Coordinator plays an integral part in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) at Bucknell University. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean of Students for Diversity and Inclusion and works collaboratively and in support of the Directors of International Student Services, LGBTQ Resource Center, Multicultural Student Services, Religious and Spiritual Life, and the Women's Resource Center. The Office Coordinator is responsible for advanced clerical support, administrative oversight, and overall management of the central Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the departments that comprise this unit. The Office Coordinator works with many different constituencies, must have strong communication and computer skills, and must demonstrate an interest in and sensitivity to persons of different gender, racial, ethnic, religious, sexual orientation, and/or national backgrounds. The Office Coordinator will regularly engage with sensitive and confidential information and must exhibit good judgement in accordance with University policy.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budgets, reconciling
purchase cards, travel reimbursements, and other office
expenditures for departments in Workday.
- Assists the Associate Dean and Directors with correspondences,
scheduling, travel arrangements, and events, in addition to
associated record keeping and reporting.
- Oversees the Events Management System (EMS) for Diversity and
Inclusion, to include reservations, room setup, and catering
- Assists with department webpage maintenance and
marketing/publication materials, using ADOBE Creative Suite and
other content management systems.
- Manages the processing of contracts.
- Oversees the effective functioning of office equipment in
addition to arranging the necessary support for repairs and
- Supervises all student employees, to include student
assistants, mentors, and Fremont Scholars, and coordinates all
- Maintains appropriate departmental records as required by
- Coordinates the D&I Administrative Assistants to provide
leadership, increase communication, and collaboration.
- Organize the D&I calendering process and the distribution
of marketing materials.
- Serves as the department coordinator for keys and virtual and
physical entry points.
- Assists with mailings and letter issuance as needed.
- Manage and respond to phone, email, and other
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of office experience.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with the
Microsoft Office Suite. Must have the ability and willingness to
learn new programs and technologies.
- Good organizational skills, including ability to work
independently and perform many tasks simultaneously in a highly
- Demonstrated written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Awareness of issues related to socioeconomic status; gender
identity; expression of sexuality; race and ethnicity; ability;
national origin; religious and interfaith; and the relationship
between power and privilege.
The individual in this position must have a desire to work with people (specifically traditional college age students) and be able to work with confidential and sensitive information. Some schedule flexibility is a necessity. This individual must support the goals and objectives of the department and commit to a student centered environment that supports diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor's degree.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496765/office-coordinator-diversity-inclusion