The University of Maryland School of Nursing
currently recruiting for a full-time doctoral-prepared Acute
Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner faculty member
the Department of Family and Community Health.
UMSON enrolls more than 2,000 students in its baccalaureate,
master’s, and doctoral programs. UMSON is part of the University of
Maryland, graduate professional campus that also includes the
schools of medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, and social work. Its
interdisciplinary graduate school has more than 40 programs in the
biosciences, law, and social work, and is one of the fastest
growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique
composition of the campus enables health professionals to address
clinical care, public policy, and social issues through
multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its
location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle
maximizes opportunities for collaboration with government agencies,
health care institutions, and life science industries.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and
students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical
or religious reasons will be process through Human
Education and Experience:
- Participate in the development, teaching, organization, and
evaluation of clinical and didactic education in the face to face
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Specialty.
- Advise students.
- Evaluate students in clinical settings, including conducting
site visits to preceptor locations.
- Maintain an active practice as an APRN in an acute care
- Maintain an active program of scholarship.
- Contribute to faculty governance and provide service to the
school, university, and profession.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field required.
- Certified as an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner is
- Current experience as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner is
- Curent license to practice as an APRN in Maryland
- Prior academic experience preferred.