Assistant Professor (Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner)
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently recruiting for a full-time doctoral-prepared Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner faculty member to join the Department of Family and Community Health.
UMSON enrolls more than 2,000 students in its baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland, graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, and social work. Its interdisciplinary graduate school has more than 40 programs in the biosciences, law, and social work, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with government agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be process through Human Resources.
- Participate in the development, teaching, organization, and evaluation of clinical and didactic education in the face to face Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Specialty.
- Advise students.
- Evaluate students in clinical settings, including conducting site visits to preceptor locations.
- Maintain an active practice as an APRN in an acute care pediatric setting.
- Maintain an active program of scholarship.
- Contribute to faculty governance and provide service to the school, university, and profession.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field required.
- Certified as an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner is required.
- Current experience as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner is required.
- Curent license to practice as an APRN in Maryland required.
- Prior academic experience preferred.