Help Desk Specialist
The IT Help Desk Specialist is responsible for the coordination of the University’s technical support activities required by students and employees at NDMU. Responsibilities include providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software; coordination of the IT Help Desk including maintaining ticket management system and scheduling and staffing; and the design, content, and continued improvement of the University’s online helpdesk. The position is responsible for providing effective oversight of trouble tickets sent to the Help Desk from the time of entry, through to problem resolution. This position serves as the primary customer service liaison between campus users and IT staff.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming requests and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Escalate issues to subject matter specific technicians as appropriate.
- Manages the University’s IT Help Desk. Position ensures that customer requests via phone and email are appropriately captured, tracked and completed within defined service level agreements. Reports quantifying problem frequency, level of importance and resolution time required. Routine problems and their resolution must be documented so as to minimize the effort regarding reoccurring challenges.
- Coordinates campus technical support initiatives. This includes responsibilities for the planning and delivery of the campus’ technical support efforts and activities. Position must maintain excellent rapport with craft-specific technicians throughout all steps of the problem resolution effort. Position operates from a customer-facing perspective and demonstrates high customer-service skills.
- Establishes the protocol regarding the administration of the University’s Problem Tracking System. Outlines clear procedures as it relates to receiving, documenting and managing problem calls. Develops standards regarding the hierarchy of problems and establishes an escalation sequence to ensure customer needs are addressed relative to defined priorities. Ensures customer contact is maintained throughout the resolution process and brings to close each problem case with the customer.
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of appropriate technical documentation. Position is responsible for the design and content needed to maintain an effective online help desk knowledge system and required training materials. Outlines relevant instructions, links to trusted resources, information and media to establish and support University standards, practices, and technical problem resolution. Coordinates with technical staff to ensure content, recommendations, tips & tricks are current and accessible to user-community.
- Oversees student IT support staff and ensures that adequate training is provided. Position is responsible for coordinating student staff and in maintaining adequate contingency plans to ensure an acceptable level of IT Help Desk coverage. Coordinates Federal Work Study (FWS) & Non-FWS IT students as needed. Position serves as career-advocate for students; ensures appropriate position placement by skill level and prioritization order based on need within the IT enterprise.
- Knowledge: Associate degree in a related field from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Additional years of related experience may substitute for required education.
- Experience: Minimum two (2) years of related experience using and supporting computer software applications, hardware and peripheral equipment. Experience helping or training users regarding the use of Microsoft Office 365 applications, learning systems, Internet resources and related services is strongly preferred. Experience in a college or university setting is preferred.
- Skills/Aptitude: Demonstrated technical experience using and supporting computers, and keen troubleshooting ability and attention to detail in helping others overcome technical challenges in networked and Internet-reliant environments. Must be tech savvy and innovative. Excellent time management, organizational, and documentation skills. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing tasks to a successful and/or logical conclusion. Self-directed, including the ability to work independently and collaborate with others in a team-orientated higher education environment.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment (walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching, etc.). Some occasional light physical demands such as bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, and pushing may be required. Some evening and weekend work and flexible scheduling may be required.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Additional Information :
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore