Adult Education Manager
ADULT EDUCATION MANAGER, ADULT EDUCATION
Truman College is looking for an academic professional to provide leadership, develop and maintain our Adult Education program. The Adult Education Manager is responsible in assisting the Dean of Adult Education in providing leadership, management, and direction to the Adult Education Department and its entire staff activities. Directly supervises Adult Educators, Adult Education Coordinators and Adult Education clerical staff. This is a great opportunity for someone who is dedicated to helping students meet their academic goals. Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills, be self-directed and motivated, and have a passion for education.
- Conducts performance evaluations of Adult Educators, Adult Education Coordinators and clerical staff on an annual basis.
- Develops remediation plans for Adult Educators with performance deficiencies.
- Conducts interviews and recommends hiring of Adult Education staff.
- Participates in pre-disciplinary meetings as the management representative for clerical and technical staff, Adult Educators and Adult Education Coordinators.
- Administers the collective bargaining agreements for clerical and technical employees, Adult Educators and Adult Education Coordinators.
- Participates in policy and strategy development with respect to collective bargaining for clerical and technical employees, Adult Educators and Adult Education Coordinators.
- Monitors work performance and recommends discipline and termination of staff.
- Works with Adult Educators to develop curriculum.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings for full-time and part-time staff to ensure that program information is communicated properly.
- Develops training plans for staff improvement professional development and conducts training classes. May obtain contracts for outside training.
- Develops procedures and processes for program implementation including data collection and reporting systems. C
- Analyzes program data and prepares reports for executive staff.
- Represents the Dean/College at meetings as needed.
- Performs related management, supervisory and administrative duties as needed.
- Completion of a Master’s degree in Elementary or Secondary Education, English, or a related field required supplemented by a minimum of five years of administrative experience in Adult Education and/or ESL programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in evaluating, mentoring or remediating instructional personnel is preferred.
- Proven organizational and project management skills and supervisory ability required.
- This position requires the candidate to work evenings Monday thru Thursdays, and Saturday mornings.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with employees at all levels of the organization, in addition to students and other college customers are required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to use computers to perform work activities.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the goals of the District. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
WE OFFER: Full health benefits, 403(b) & 457(b) investment plans, paid vacation/holidays and City Colleges tuition waiver. Plus, enjoy working with a group of people who really love what they do. For a more detailed overview of benefits visit our benefits page.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!