College Clerical Assistant I - Academic Support Services - Part Time
COLLEGE CLERICAL ASSISTANT I - ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a College Clerical Assistant I - Part Time to join their Academic Support Services team! This role, under supervision, performs a variety of routine clerical duties in a college administrative or departmental office; and performs related duties as required.
The Malcolm X College Academic Support Center supports student success through peer, professional, and embedded tutoring. Services are offered through one-on-one sessions, small group study sessions, chapter reviews, and workshops.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Prepares routine records, memos and forms; proofs completed assignments for errors and makes appropriate corrections; maintains office and student record files in alphabetical and/or numerical order.
- Receives and sorts incoming mail and distributes to appropriate personnel or office; answers telephones, takes messages and transfers calls; provides general information to students regarding registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and campus policies and procedures.
- Collates materials such as exams, classroom handouts, faculty lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and general correspondence.
- Operates basic office equipment; prepares order requisitions for needed office supplies and materials; and may assist during student registration.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent is required. Some clerical and word processing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of word processing software; and knowledge of basic office procedures.3. Ability to keyboard 40 words per minute; ability to follow oral and written instructions; and ability to operate a personal computer.
- Skill in basic filing; and good verbal communication skills.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected as aPromising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago