Professional Academic Advisor
Hiram College invites applicants to apply for the position of Professional Academic Advisor in the Office of Academic Affairs.
Founded in 1850, Hiram College provides students of all backgrounds an attainable private education that teaches the 21st-century skills needed to thrive professionally and personally in the face of inevitable and constant change. Built on a community that fosters student-faculty collaboration, the College equips all students with the tools necessary to embrace active learning in the classroom, in Ohio, and beyond through technology, internship, study away, research, and other experiential opportunities for growth and development. Recognized by Colleges of Distinction, The Princeton Review, U.S. News and World Report, and as a top baccalaureate college by Washington Monthly, Hiram enrolls over 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students in academic programs on its Northeast Ohio campus and through Online@Hiram.
Hiram College is committed to building an inclusive and vibrant educational environment and the student population is diverse in many ways, including economic background, ethnic heritage, and educational interests.
The Professional Academic Advisor provides direct support for Online, Partnership, and Traditional students. Work includes registration of new and current students, coordination of retention strategies and activities, and advising students in their academic program, Hiram Connect, as well as personal and professional growth. In coordination with Nursing and Biomedical Humanities programs, develops, implements, and maintains the Health Humanities advising program. Advises students in the MAIS program. Works closely with the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs to manage and coordinate the delivery of services and instruction through programs offered at area community colleges and other partner campuses. Responsibilities include advising activities, faculty and classroom support, maintaining relationships with community college and other partner staff and faculty, coordinating the implementation of new programs, student orientation, and coordination of student support services at the partner campuses.
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Ohio Driver’s License is required
• Knowledge of current effective practices in the operation and delivery of adult and online programs
• Experience with recruiting and/or advising learners in adult programs.
• Knowledge of principles of adult learning
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Commitment to customer service and team-oriented management
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community
• One year experience in higher education preferably in student support, retention, business services, admissions or adult learning support role
• Background in customer service, marketing, or sales
• Experience with Student Information Systems such as Banner and/or DegreeWorks preferred.
• Experience working with student retention and admissions processes in an adult learning context
Please apply directly via https://www.hiram.edu/careers-at-hiram/
Include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with their names, email addresses, and phone numbers. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiram College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram