Shuttle Bus Driver - Full Time
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Campus Transportation Operator Position's Functional Title Shuttle Bus Driver - Full Time Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire a Shuttle Bus Driver to operate buses to accommodate students, faculty, and staff. This person will work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
1. Operate buses for students, faculty, and staff;
2. Report need for routine maintenance and/or emergency maintenance and repair when such difficulties occur;
3. Keep records of mileage and the consumption of fuel, oil, and antifreeze as directed;
4. Maintain awareness of loading zones, campus road networks, and traffic problems;
5. Supervise students, other persons who may be allowed to ride the buses;
6. Exercise caution concerning the travel of persons with disabilities and reports any irregularities in the operation of the bus or campus facilities (such as inaccessible entrances) affecting the travel of riders;
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $13.26 to $15.67 per hour.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications). Minimum Qualifications
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS : VALID ILLINOIS DRIVER’S LICENSE (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Must be a resident of the state of Illinois
2. Must be at least 21 years of age upon employment. (This requirement may be further defined by local recruitment, examination, and employment policies, provided age requirements have been met with regard to all other applicable state and federal regulations in this respect.)
3. Possession of a valid driver license as required by the State of Illinois for the type of motor vehicle(s) to be operated by the incumbent, such as a school bus driving permit or similar license/certification. Preferred Qualifications
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Have a minimum of one (1) year experience in shuttle bus driving or a related field.
3. Have the ability to interact professionally with the public. Posting Date 07/15/2021 Closing Date 07/28/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0535P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/6043 Employee ID Department Placeholder Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION .
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting. Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- * Are you at least 21 years old?
- * Do you have a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License?
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a minimum of one (1) year experience in shuttle
bus driving or a related field?
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Current Illinois Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation