Coordinator, University Event Scheduling (5516)
The Coordinator, University Event Scheduling, serves as a team member for event scheduling in event and instructional spaces across the campus, scheduling, contracting and coordinating resources as needed for both simple and complex events. This individual provides support and training for event planners and space schedulers, mediates scheduling conflicts, and provides back-up as needed to University Center facility operations. In conjunction with the Event Services team, this individual also provides daily direction to student scheduling assistants, basic customer service, responding to phones calls, emails and walk-ins, and minimal database maintenance.
- Receives, reviews and processes space requests and supplemental event forms from campus constituents, measuring content against criteria for space placement.
- Advises event planners (students, faculty, and staff) on event logistics and University policies and procedures, coordinating meetings with support offices as need for complex events.
- Initiates contracts and invoices for use of University space and resources ensuring receipts of payment and insurance.
- Communicates approvals/denials or redirects requests to other campus schedulers in a timely manner, notifying service providers as needed.
- Supports the orderly event request process across campus, executing the scheduling process, mediating scheduling conflicts with key stakeholders, and maintaining scheduling queues as needed to ensure compliance with University space use policies.
- Plans and implements educational outreach initiatives for improved user experience for event planners (over 1,000 events), space schedulers and resource providers (over 250).
- Produces and publishes content, leads workshops/trainings, and collects and analyzes feedback for continuous process improvement
- Assists with scheduling system data maintenance, managing user accounts, ensuring correct security access, and other data maintenance projects as needed.
- This position makes decisions within a pre-determined set of parameters.
- Travel required; none
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Specialist B
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of/experience with EMS scheduling software is strongly preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in standard office software applications
- Demonstrated time management skills, organizational abilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with little supervision, managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and across administrative lines essential.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.