Manager Fitness Labs
Manager Fitness Labs
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
We are searching for an experiencedManager Fitness Labs.
Manage daily operation of the Fitness Labs and Facilities at assigned campus(es). Teach kinesiology and/or wellness courses if appropriate, along with coordination of intramural/recreation sports. Oversee and ensure successful and safe preparation of facilities for lab classes, athletics, and intramural/recreation sport activities. Coordinate with Kinesiology, Student Engagement and Athletic Department(s) regarding fitness lab and facility usage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coordinate, and manage the daily operation of the Athletic Kinesiology, Intramurals/Recreation Sports, fitness centers and wellness facilities on the assigned campus, which may include gym, dance studio, weight room, racquetball courts, and other on-campus facilities used for student activities. Provide input to the Deans (Student and Enrollment Services and Academic) and Associate Deans regarding the facilities schedule.
- Oversee implementation of campus intramural/recreation sport activities. Coordinate intramural/recreation sport activities. Schedule and oversee all activities in the fitness facilities and coordinate the set-up, use and cleanup of the facilities for all events (athletics, intramurals/recreation sports, class, community use and camps).
- Develop, and update as necessary, in collaboration with other facility managers, a practice and procedures manual regarding all Athletic, Intramural/Recreation Sport, Fitness, and Wellness activities taking place within the District's facilities or grounds.
- Serve as the first point of contact in assisting students, staff, and faculty with questions and concerns regarding the fitness center facilities and/or operations, and make appropriate referrals to college administrators as needed.
- Recruit, interview, orient, supervise, and evaluate student assistants and part-time staff. Manage staffing schedules of all assigned part-time staff. Direct and assist the part-time fitness and wellness support staff with the daily preparation, maintenance, and cleanup of all assigned areas.
- Develop training programs and activities and oversee the implementation of training for faculty, staff, and students regarding the safe and effective use of the fitness equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate programming between Kinesiology classes, Wellness programs, and the Dance Department in relation to the use of Fitness Labs and Facilities.
- Inspect the facilities, including locker rooms to ensure safe and sanitary conditions. Communicate with appropriate campus Plant Operations personnel regarding custodial and facilities maintenance issues. Keep statistics on all injuries that occur in the facility and produce quarterly and annual safety reports. Safety concerns should be addressed immediately with the Dean, Associate Dean, Athletic Director and direct supervisor. Report all injuries according to the appropriate processes and procedures of the College.
- Inspect the equipment within the Fitness Center and ensure that equipment operates correctly and is in good condition. Recommend maintenance contracts on equipment located in the weight room and maintain documentation of approved maintenance contracts. Arrange with appropriate vendor for preventative maintenance service and maintain records of servicing. Schedule and ensure regular service, repair, and calibration of equipment.
- Inventory and supervise the use of kinesiology-athletic supplies and equipment used during the year at Collin College. Work collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Student Engagement regarding inventory and equipment replacement needs for the annual budget process. Submit purchase order requisitions for the acquisition of equipment, supplies, and materials as needed for the effective functioning of the department(s).
- Teach courses in accordance with the schedule of classes and follow the approved course descriptions and syllabi established by the Division faculty and administered by the Dean. Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's campuses or off-site locations and may include concurrent enrollment, distance education, evening and weekend programs, online instruction and other instructional modalities. Keep accurate attendance records and generate student activity and participation reports. Teach the required number of sections per academic term.
- Assist with the wellness program which may include teaching, fitness assessments, and orientations to the weight room equipment. Teach the assigned number of wellness classes per academic term based on minimum participation criteria. Maintain accurate attendance and participation records. Contribute to the on-going evaluation of the Wellness program.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of student programs and activities.
- Promote athletic, intramurals/recreation sports, fitness, and wellness activities within the district and community.
- Perform other duties assigned including but not limited to, performing duties at or associated with home athletic events, coordinating events that include use of the athletic and fitness facilities with the conferencing facility staff, and assisting athletic teams, coaches and athletic director, as needed.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in kinesiology or related field required. Two (2) years of related experience, and maintenance of a Nationally Recognized Certification in areas of fitness and wellness teaching. One (1) year of supervisory experience required.
Licenses and Certifications
Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications (American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or nationally recognized certification.) OR must obtain within 60 days of employment.
Internal candidates without supervisor experience may be considered for the position and will be required to complete the college’s Leading for Excellence Academy within 12 months of accepting the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of exercise, fitness, and wellness instructional methodology
- Knowledge of lab activity class instructional techniques
- Knowledge of standard higher education policies
- Knowledge of safety and security procedures for facility use
- Knowledge and required licensure as necessary to instruct and oversee fitness activities
- Knowledge of fitness equipment and proper operation
- Knowledge of wellness programs
- Knowledge of proper fitness assessment techniques
- Knowledge of college policies
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Employee management skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Classroom management skills
- Ability to teach effectively and assess student learning
- Ability to assist students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to work closely with faculty and academic personnel
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to operate equipment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney