Dual Credit and Partnerships Coordinator
Dual Credit and Partnerships Coordinator
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Dual Credit and Partnerships Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Corporate Foundation and Government Grants
Status: Full time, Benefit Eligible
Position Summary: The Dual Credit Coordinator assesses the needs of high school districts and leads the implementation of programs and courses in response to those needs. Serves as the primary liaison between high schools and the University and ensures compliance with state and other standards. Supports wider strategic efforts as they relate to the Dual Credit Program and subsequent relationships with high school districts and the University.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates the development, strategic approach through market research analysis, expansion, and administration of Benedictine University’s Dual Credit Program in accordance with guidelines and standards established by the University, Board of Higher Education and Higher Learning Commission.
2. Promotes the growth, development, marketing, and administration of the dual credit program, including the development and dissemination of guidelines for instructors, schools, students, and academic departments, making presentations at schools, initiating formal agreements with schools, recommending policy and procedural changes, overseeing orientation activities for students and instructors, coordinating with academic departments at the University, solving problems, and responding to constituencies in a timely manner.
3. Develops and implements an advising and communication plan that assists parents and students to better understand dual credit and make informed decisions relative to education and works with high schools to establish the value of providing dual credit through Benedictine University. Works with Marketing and other University staff to develop and implement effective recruitment and marketing strategies related to the Dual Credit Program, including assistance with web content, preparation of materials to high school districts and student interested in the program and development and implementation of all Orientation Programs and Campus Interactions.
4. Contributes to the achievement of the University’s recruitment and retention goals by identifying new dual credit courses, locations, and deliveries, working closely with high schools to respond to their needs, collaborating with the offices of admissions, registration, computer services, and enrollment management, and encouraging dual credit students to consider attending the University upon graduation. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues and working in collaboration with the Academic Affairs Division for oversight of high school faculty teaching in the program.
5. Seeks avenues to create additional partnership opportunities and leads multi-stakeholder development efforts, coordinating the efforts of relevant parties including school district superintendents, principals, other district leaders, teachers and Benedictine University personnel including administrators and faculty.
1. Assists with administrative functions of program as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Three or more years of professional experience working in a university setting or high school in administration or enrollment management.
Specific Skills: Monitoring and evaluating programs; project coordination; ability to work independently; plan and schedule work to meet deadlines; work effectively with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of high school students and staff, and effectively communicate in oral and written form
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Use of computer screen, phone and customer service.
May require bending, or sitting for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel (If applicable): Frequent travel to meetings throughout the region
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Work in an office environment. Occasional work outside standard business hours may be required.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle