Director of Admissions
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
POSITION SUMMARY:The Director of Admissions is responsible for assisting the campuses in attaining student matriculation goals through development of a robust lead/inquiry source flow, inquiry conversion to admissions, and admissions to new student matriculation. The incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Collaborate with Sr. Director of Admissions or Assistant Vice Chancellor of Admissions to establish forecasts to ensure planned new student targets are met.
- Assure adequate staffing levels and productivity through effective personnel management. This includes but is not limited to selection and hiring of employees coupled with their being training, developed, motivated, and effectively managed. This includes enrollment teams receiving regular feedback, observation and support.
- Responsible for achieving conversions of inquiry to applicant; and applicant to new student standards.
- Monitor expenses to assure budget compliance.
- Responsible for local inquiry generation and community outreach.
- Generate marketing plans to support inquiry conversion and applicant lock-in.
- Ensure compliance with all SU policies and procedures, ethical standards, and compliance with all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Partner with other EC members, faculty and staff to assure a vibrant perpetual student recruitment environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Values unify the culture of South University and represent the guiding principles that influence the company's vision, mission, and performance outcomes.
Doing the Right Thing. Conveys a position of principle even during opposition. Takes appropriate action to heighten awareness and influence positive change.
Integrity. Conducts all activities honestly and fairly to create an environment of mutual trust and equity.
Respect. Openly shows appreciation for the ideas and contributions of others to create an environment of collaboration, involvement and growth.
Providing Value. Continuously seeks to understand the requirements of all constituencies. Makes collaborative decisions to ensure needs are met or exceeded through the delivery of quality services.
Excellence. Displays a commitment to exceptional quality that creates an environment of innovation, positive thinking and continuous improvement.
Learning-Centered Focus. Actively supports an outcomes-based, learning-centered culture through the delivery/support of an engaging educational delivery system.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a business or sales related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years admissions advising and/or management experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring and building a successful team is preferred.
- Proven experience in meeting/exceeding sales goals and developing strategies.
- Experience managing employee relations issues/concerns is preferred.
- Serve effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekends as required.
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Required Education Bachelor's Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh