Athletic Trainer - Preceptor
Athletic Trainer - Preceptor
College of Science and Health
Description of College / Department / Program / Division / Unit
The mission of the College of Science and Health is to provide an outstanding education in the diverse disciplines of science, health, and mathematics. The College is dedicated to student learning where enthusiastic faculty and staff intellectually challenge students in a supportive and professional environment. Fundamental to our mission is the belief in the value of education in the liberal arts and sciences and the creation of new knowledge. The College offers an outstanding academic and cultural environment for the university community and beyond. Our vision is to be a premier comprehensive institution, excelling in both undergraduate and graduate education. We will provide academic programs that attract high-achieving students on a regional, national, and international basis. The College will have an outstanding reputation for the quality of its students learning, faculty and staff, state of the art facilities and technology, scholarly achievements, and community and professional service.
The Exercise and Sport Science Department is seeking a part-time (64%-avg. 27 hrs/wk with full benefits) 9-month contract athletic trainer to serve as a preceptor for the Athletic Training Program. The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Athletic Training Program was the first accredited athletic training program in the state of Wisconsin, and offers one of the most competitive, in-depth and hands-on athletic training programs in the country. Responsibilities for this position include creating and maintaining an appropriate learning and professional environment in the athletic training center, supervise and evaluate graduate and undergraduate athletic training students during their clinical experiences, assist with athletic training services as requested by the Director of Athletic Training Services and various duties as assigned by the Athletic Training Program Director and/or Clinical Education Coordinator (assist with courses and research, etc.).
Bachelor Degree NATABOC certification Wisconsin Licensure as an Athletic Trainer (or eligible) Related AT experience
Masters Degree Previous experience Previous clinical teaching experience
[Include physical demands]
Working conditions and environment
[Include physical environment]
To be added by HR.
These are the job duties required for the position.
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Cordial Gillette, Search and Screen Chair
Position Contact Email
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if hired.
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the US.
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the application process.
- Are you legally eligible to work in the United States?
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse