Term Prep Designer
Job Code/Title 80041 - H - Instructional Design Specialist 1 Position Number HU1522 Working Title Term Prep Designer Department Social Work Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $17 - $25 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 29 Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Information Technology Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The VCU School of Social Work would like to hire a term prep designer. This position will transfer existing course content from our blueprint courses to the appropriate online sections as needed, prior to the beginning of each semester for our online program. The Term Prep Designer will also provide assistance to colleagues seeking the use of instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning. All content work will be performed using standard procedures and techniques. This position requires collaboration with all modalities of the MSW Program and the Office of Field Education to ensure work is consistent with the mission and goals of the MSW Program. This position requires ongoing communication and review of social work pedagogy and curriculum to remain current on strategies and trends in adult learning.
- Revise previously created courses and course content in multiple learning management systems using specifications provided by instructional designers.
- Update existing learning objects, materials, and multimedia content in order to meet accessibility, security, and UDL requirements. This includes but is not limited to video captioning, file format conversion, PDF editing, referencing, and web editing.
- Develop and maintain a library of learning objects and multimedia content.
- Edit, convert, copy, and produce graphics, video, audio, animations, and HTML5 objects associated with courses and learning modules.
- Review existing course materials and pages for inconsistencies, errors, and technical issues as part of the quality assurance process.
- Revise previously created courses and course content in multiple learning management systems using
- Requires proficiency in Canvas and H5P.
- Requires the ability to work with staff with diverse backgrounds and perspectives on the use of technology in a variety of learning capacities.
- Requires open, timely, and consistent communication with the supervisor; and the ability to escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Requires ability to work with course leads to revise course content and apply those revisions to the Canvas blueprint course.
- High proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, and Adobe tools
- High proficiency working with PC, Mac, and cloud-based environments
- Experience building, editing, and maintaining a website/blog/or online course page
- Experience working with an LMS / CMS
- Demonstrated experience with multimedia authoring/production tools, graphic applications, web platforms, and learning management systems
- Highly skilled working with media creation tools, editing software, instructional technologies, and emerging applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical information to a nontechnical audience, and establish cooperative working relationships with faculty and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with online instruction
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and support an inclusive work environment
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, curriculum/ instructional development, instructional technology,
- Previous experience in higher education in social work or related field
- Experience working within Canvas LMS
- Familiarity with VCU SIS software work with and integrated into Canvas LMS and Canvas
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document