Adjunct Pool - English
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Pool - English Department English Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $1,200.00 per credit hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week 29 Normal work days Monday through Friday Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Virginia Commonwealth University College of Humanities and Sciences is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty for July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022, for course sections within the English Department in the areas of Writing, Creative Writing, Linguistics, Literature and Film. This pool will be utilized on an as-needed basis. Your application will remain active until June 30, 2022; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years beginning July 1, 2022. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position duties include:
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on instructions/rubric provided.
• Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
• Submit final grades according to College/Department policy. Required Qualifications
Master’s degree in a related field with experience and specialized expertise directly related to the position. Preferred Qualifications
Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in a related discipline or directly related to the position is highly preferred.
Previous experience teaching courses within the Department of English curriculum.
Demonstrated teaching experience. Job Open Date 07/08/2021 Remove from posting on or before 06/30/2022 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates must apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com. Please include a Curriculum Vitae and contact information for two professional references. For information or questions about the position, contact Professor Sachi Shimomura, Associate Chair, at email@example.com or Catherine Ingrassia, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org Additional Information
A state application, background check, and official transcripts will be required prior to start date. Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107659 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Masters degree?
- * In what year was your most recent degree awarded?
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond