University Code 15113 University Title Development Coordinator 3 University Job Family Development ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Development Coordinator Position Number 593200 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Dean's Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU seeks a highly organized and friendly Development Coordinator responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative, logistical, operational, and technical tasks related to development and alumni relations. This position will provide support to the College of Health Professions and to Massey Cancer Center.
Typical duties include:
● Provide support for administrative needs in both offices, including, but not limited to, acknowledgement process, grateful patient fundraising, managing calendars, supporting development officers with events, faculty support, letters, briefs, excel, budget, social media, and project management.
● Coordinate, implement and track acknowledgement processes. Write personal and detailed acknowledgement letters and other special correspondence. Notify the key development officer assigned to major donors.
● Enter development actions with donors into RADAR, the CRM of record.
● Participate on the team implementing donor recognition activities, major gift fundraising, and grateful patient fundraising.
● Serve as the point person for creating new initiatives or activities in RADAR .
● Provide assistance with donor and gift intent data integrity to Gifts and Records Management, when issues of clarification arise.
● Support donor relations projects and initiatives, including creating and tracking university gift agreements, assisting with correspondence/mailings/reports for endowment donors and donors in the university’s annual and planned giving societies.
● Work with volunteers, Board members, faculty, health professionals, central development, and senior leadership across the university and health system.
● Provide assistance to internal and external customers with a focus on customer service and outward mindset.
● Assist with development proposals that are presented to prospective donors. Minimum Hiring Standards
● Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or a minimum or equivalent experience in a fast-paced, complex environment
● Ability to work both independently and part of a team
● Ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize work, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
● High level of customer service and excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment and commitment to do so as a professional employee at VCU Preferred Hiring Standards
● Previous experience working in university advancement
● Writing sample exercise as part of interview process and factored into candidate selection Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 - $50,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday- Friday Job Open Date 07/08/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107589 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond