Transcript and Records Analyst
Analyzes transcripts and transfer credit for student entry and
enrollment in the University. Reviews and responds to individual
academic request and concerns. Position qualifies to work remotely
subject to CBU Telecommuting policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform review of transcripts for evaluation of transfer work,
and applicability of academic credit.
2. Evaluate military credit, CLEP scores, and advanced placement
for academic credit.
3. Review request for study abroad credit and its applicability to
the student’s degree program.
4. Provide assistance with entry of transfer work on student
5. Evaluate course transfer approval request for academic credit
6. Assist in the development and maintenance of articulated
agreements with community colleges.
7. Create and maintain transfer course equivalencies in the student
management database system.
8. Maintain communications with academic schools and department for
evaluation of transfer work for courses related to specific
9. Provide assistance with re-admit request processing, including
request for student catalog changes.
10. Complete and provide assistance with student communications and
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
§ Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to investigate and analyze information, and to draw
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4