Administrative Assistant IV
Posting Number AS197P Position Title Administrative Assistant IV Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Provides a variety of administrative support duties in relation to the Department of Science and Engineering and the Department of Math, Computer Science, and Information Technology including Biology, Chemistry, Drafting, Engineering, Geology, Physical Education, Physics, Math, and Computer Science. Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
Minimum of forty-five (45) college credit hours. Twenty-three (23) of the required forty-five (45) credit hours may be substituted with one and one-half (1-1/2) years directly related work experience. If work experience is used as a substitute for minimal educational requirement, then, it cannot also be used to qualify for minimum work experience.
Minimum work experience required for the position is three (3) years’ experience in providing administrative support to multiple programs. Preferred Education/Training/Experience
Five (5) years’ experience in providing administrative support to multiple
programs/projects. Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Proficiency in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Complex or technical office practices and procedures, including ability to type, attention to detail with strong sense of urgency and time management
• Record keeping practices
• Applicable regulations, policies, and statutes
• Making accurate arithmetic calculations
• Operating standard office equipment; reading; and explaining rules, policies, and procedures
• Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports
• Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Advanced skills in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint Licensing/Certification Requirements
N/A Job Duties
• Performs specialized administrative support work related to planning, organizing, and coordinating program activities, including but not limited to receiving visitors and managing phone calls.
• Enters, edits, and retrieves data and prepares periodic or special reports using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Serves as liaison between students, staff, the community and the College in relation to the program and its activities.
• Arranges meetings by notifying attendees, reserving rooms and making lodging and/or meal arrangements.
• Assists program coordinators and/or other department staff in accounting for program funds, performance standards, etc.
• Performs such office support activities as opening and distributing mail, processing outgoing mail, and preparing requisitions.
• Perform specialized administrative support to the program chairperson/department, including processing purchase orders, budget preparations, maintenance work orders, maintain office supply inventory and equipment.
• Assisting the office by providing daily administrative support.
• Assist with the development and management of the department schedule.
• Assisting with course management, enrollment reports, course rosters, etc. using Datatel Colleague.
• Preparation of instructor contracts, PAF’s, Faculty Credential Forms/Statement of Qualifications, and timesheets for Department.
• Providing administrative support to instructors including making copies, ordering supplies and instructional materials for classes, ordering books and communication to instructors/students as requested by the Director.
• Assisting the Chairperson, students, staff, and customers as needed by providing relevant program information (classes, registration, grant and scholarship opportunities, etc.).
• Communicating with students regarding schedules, registrations, and progress in class.
• Preparing, processing and/or tracking registration forms and requests for billing for Sponsor Pays.
• Assisting with program outreach activities.
• Managing department files.
• Maintains confidentiality and security of information regarding contracts, time sheets, Personnel Action Forms, personnel files, student information and communication regarding issues in the Continuing Education Program.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level. Physical Requirements
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met. Minimum Salary Range $38,338 Mid Point Salary Range $47,923 Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 07/06/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application.
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2475 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of forty-five (45) college credit
hours? Twenty-three (23) of the required forty-five (45) credit
hours may be substituted with one and one-half (1-1/2) years
directly related work experience. If work experience is used as a
substitute for minimal educational requirement, then, it cannot
also be used to qualify for minimum work experience. Minimum work
experience required for the position is stated within each job
Do you have three (3) years experience in providing
administrative support to multiple programs?
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (2 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (3 of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City